Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Nicaragua UIC Medical Trip: Pre trip

I was worried when I headed to Chicago for the manual therapy fellowship that I would not be able to do any PT trips for a year.
As part of the fellowship we spend 8 hours per week in the musculoskeletal lab with the second year DPT students. 
During one of the labs I mentioned my passion and experience with the PT trips and was quickly explained about the trip over winter break the students had organized. I was excited to have an opportunity open up with a new school and new outlook on medical missions. I had done all of my trips with SU and was looking forward to getting a new perspective. 

A total of 40 students and faculty will be headed down to Nicaragua on January 1st to ring in the new year PT style. 

The students have done a great job organizing the trip, getting supplies and funds, and meeting to prepare for the trip. 

For me this is very different going from organizer to faculty with less responsibility. I am going to try to help as much as I can from my past experience but also try to learn from the students and local organizations. 

Looking forward to blogging during the trip (As long as we have WiFi)

No comments:

Post a Comment