Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Ghana 2016 Physiotherapy Conference: Arrive in Accra

After 24 hours of travel I finally made it to Accra.  The flights were ok and I got to meet a few people.  I also was able to spend time reading, working on my presentations and catching up on things after my exam.

I met a family who was headed back to Ghana for the first time in 12 years.  The ladies niece was getting married and in a Ghanaian wedding usually 300-600 people are in attendance so she was making the trip with her family 

I only spent. Few hours in Accra but was able to see some stores and walk around. I spent about 15 minutes talking about religion, life, and service with this painter.  It was a great experience and we both came away with a new perspective 


At the store we learned that you can knock off any product and just change the name.  No worries about copyrights haha


I ended the Accra experience at a private physiotherapy clinic that is ran by one of the head ladies of the physiotherapist association.  Anna has been a PT for over 30 years.  She left Ghana at 19 for Europe to learn PT and after
Working for awhile moved to Canada and started her own clinic. She spent 20+ years working and developing the woman's health programs in Canada.  In 2009 she returned to Ghana and is now teaching at the physiotherapy school and owns her own clinic.   I spent most of the 4 hour bus ride from Accra to Takoradi picking her brain about life.

We got in late and I was able to get a meal before going to bed but that was about it.

So far most of the trip has been traveling but I am excited about the conference starting tomorrow. 












No comments:

Post a Comment