Saturday, May 13, 2017

Guatemala 2017 SU Thrive: Travel Day

I have been excited about this trip for awhile now. It fell perfectly after the bulk of fellowship coursework was done. I get to celebrate the end of a tough year with my passion of more physical therapy and travel.
I am also excited to join SU Thrive again. The organization continues to do great work and I am glad to be able to continue working with them.

Today is going to be a long day. It started with a 130 am wake up call to make my two buses to the airport.
The first flight is solo from Chicago to Atlanta where I will meet up with the group to take the second flight to Honduras. We will be in Livingston, Guatemala which is on the southeast side of the country so the quickest way to travel is actually through Honduras. When we arrive mid day we have a nice long bus ride to where we are staying. The rest of the night will consist of some food and getting settled in to our housing. (Pictures to come) 

I am excited to meet the group and begin this great weeklong experience.

I will make sure to take plenty of pictures and blog a story often as I can with my main focus on patient care, education, and making as much of a sustainable impact as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment